A | B | C | D | F | G | H | I | J | L | M | N | P | S | T | U | W | 


Liability order

If you fall behind with your council tax payments, your local authority must apply to the magistrates' court for a liability order before they can use certain methods of enforcement, such as bailiffs, deduction from earnings and charging orders. If you receive notice that a liability order has been granted against you, you should try to negotiate an arrangement with the local authority as a matter of urgency and consider seeking advice.